All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish (http://www.allfetishforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Football (http://www.allfetishforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Chris Hughton being sacked - How Stupid!!! (http://www.allfetishforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20080)

boundngag 07-04-14 21:52

Chris Hughton being sacked - How Stupid!!!

I know Norwich's form hasn't been great and their last four games are hard (although one of those is against Arsenal, so not that one wont be too hard!), but they are still five points above the relegation zone. It's hardly like the form of Sunderland, Cardiff and Fulham has been great either, so there is still a very good chance they will stay up. With only five games left this season, there is not even enough time for a new manager to come in and change the team around. Having stuck with Chris Hughton up to this point, they should have at least given him til the end of the season. After all, he's only had one poor season managing Norwich. Arsene Wenger's had nine poor seasons at Arsenal!

John 08-04-14 09:39

lol, good points re Arsenal. I agree, Premiership teams are far to keen to jettison managers at the first hint of trouble. I would have stuck with him to the end of the season.

fawcett 08-04-14 11:46

Chris Hughton

I was at the West Brom match at Carrow Road on Saturday and at the end "Fans" were chanting "Hughton out" and someone threw a cardboard clapper at him.
What an odd decision so late in the season!

brianmac 08-04-14 16:41

tried but had players who shouldn't be in the premier not good enough and havent shown any fight for him. If they go down they wont be missed, see that Grant Holt now plays for Villa perhaps they shouldn't have let him go

fawcett 09-04-14 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianmac (Post 118551)
tried but had players who shouldn't be in the premier not good enough and havent shown any fight for him. If they go down they wont be missed, see that Grant Holt now plays for Villa perhaps they shouldn't have let him go

I attended 8 matches at Carrow Road this season and the only players that really stood out for me were:

Snodgrass, Howson, Pilkington, Redmond, Hoolahan, Johnson.....

Van Wolfswinkel was a waste of money and Bassong was questionable!

Not sure about Hooper although he scored 7 goals this season.

Bunn made some good saves then let in some soft goals !

Yes Grant Holt despite his age could put it in the net and had presence but he wanted to go.

boundngag 13-04-14 21:27

In the interview after the game, he said something along the like 'I take full responsibility for the defeat'. It just makes me think. Chris Hughton appears to be a decent, honest, modest man who takes responsibility when things go wrong. Arsene Wenger on the other hand doesn't ever take responsibility, nothing is ever his, or any of his players fault, it is always someone else's. He takes praise when it comes his way (like for the 1000 games in charge), but not criticism. I know what character traits I prefer.

I agree, it is odd to replace Hughton this late in the season. Anyone coming in is unlikely to have time to change much, so having kept faith with him this far, they should have given him the whole season. Norwich seemed to play well against Fulham, but lost, which is often how it went when Hughton was in charge. Unfortunately, that seems like an important loss to me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by fawcett (Post 118537)
I was at the West Brom match at Carrow Road on Saturday and at the end "Fans" were chanting "Hughton out" and someone threw a cardboard clapper at him.
What an odd decision so late in the season!