View Single Post
Old 10-02-18, 21:08

chriodon is a glorious beacon of lightchriodon is a glorious beacon of lightchriodon is a glorious beacon of lightchriodon is a glorious beacon of lightchriodon is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Peter,

We can agree to differ on the beret - YES Stephanie should have worn it with the badge in the central position but slight errors do creep in from time to time. And it does carry a genuine period BEA badge as does the dress .

You're right on more feedback and contributions being needed for the forum to survive. It takes a lot of Annabelle and John's time to update with little feedback except for the few regular contributors. I must admit that I don't contribute as much as I could myself.

Talking of not being convinced, would you believe me if I told you that BOAC /BA issued their stewardesses with disposable floral pattern paper dresses for a short period in about 1967 /68 ? Apparently it's true but they didn't last long - I wonder why ?

They'd probably do well on "Ripping for Fun", although I guess if you actually found an original one that had survived it would command a premium price. (Stewardess uniforms always do !)