View Single Post
Old 20-08-23, 17:41
AFF Guru

peter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy

So it wasn't to be. Spain beat us at the tactical game, ~~~~ they put the Lionesses under great pressure when they had the ball by harassing the player in possession and closing down all the spaces with the result that passes were hurried and often intercepted.We gave as good as we got against Columbia but it didn't work against this Spanish team.

I don't begrudge Spain thier win because they did play better than us. The only thing that did upset me was their time-wasting tactics near the end when they continually went to ground trying to dupe the referee into giving them a free kick for a foul. They should have been red-carded for cheating. Had they been reduced to about 7 out-field players, i'm sure we could have beaten them.

Never mind! ~~~~ Onwards and upwards. They have done for women's football what Billie Jean King did for lawn tennis, ( although I can't imagine them getting equal pay. ) They have transformed the concept of women's professional football and should attract considerable sponsorship money for the future. Furthermore, The FA seem determined to keep Sarina Weigman when her contract ends in 2025 which is the best news possible.