View Single Post
Old 23-08-18, 15:07
peter92305

Post Thierry Henry-managerial debut at Bordeaux

So Thierry Henry is to take on the difficult task of replacing Gus Poyet following his controversial departure from the Bordeaux club,--hardly an easy first step in management.
I had always hoped that Arsene Wenger would have spent the last few years at the club grooming Henry as his eventual successor, but sadly he didn't see it as a priority.

Wenger took much criticism in recent years for his inability to match the teams performances of the ' Invincibles ' as they were known between the mid 90's and early naughties. I always felt this was largely a consequence of losing both Henry and Dennis Bergkamp to retirement about the same time. They were both irreplaceable----- i consider Bergkamp the greatest magician i ever saw on a playing field.
If Henry succeeds in management, i still hope that one day he will return to manage the club he so loved, and with whom he had such a strong affinity.

For the younger fans who never saw Bergkamp play, watch this u-tube exhibition of his skills and marvel at his ability as we all did in those heady days of Arsenal supremacy, ( and i say that begrudgingly as a West Ham United supporter! ) :::: ----

https://youtu.be/1TdfbpvnbUA