View Single Post
Old 16-12-22, 18:18
AFF Guru

peter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to behold

In fact, they played better than I thought they would considering the circumstances.

There were some strange substitution decisions in the 2nd half by Gareth: Why did he take Bukayo Saka off at half time when I thought he played well. Why did he put Mason Mount on when he wasn't playing well. We know that the French defenders are uncomfortable with wingers who run at them with the ball at pace. Both Rashford and Grealish are especially strong in that department, but by the time he brought Rashford on, he had no time to shine. Worse still, Grealish wasn't used at all.

I have no preferences between Argentina and France. I just hope it's an entertaining game which it should be. I can't imagine either team playing drab defensive football.

Finally, I hope that Gareth decides to stay on as England manager. He has built a strong young team who should grow with experience.