Thread: Downloadlimit
View Single Post
Old 22-06-20, 10:11
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLanhom View Post
Personally, I'm not that bothered by the download limit, and can live with it, although I have hit it accidentally a few times. However I think it could be made a bit friendlier, in terms of the message that is displayed when you hit it. How about putting up a warning when you get to 5GB say, as it's not always easy to keep track of how much you have downloaded over the last 24 hours.

Another point that occurs to me is that if only 1% of users are affected by the limit, then is it really saving you much in terms of bandwidth?

J
Good point, the messaging was changed this weekend in fact, giving more of an explanation, so the 'permanently blocked' has been changed.

Regards the second point, it is valid but whilst we have less than 1% that hit the block, we do have many more that work to the limit, i.e, monitor their data transfer to ensure they use what they can without hitting the block.