View Single Post
Old 18-02-11, 19:45

chriodon is a glorious beacon of lightchriodon is a glorious beacon of lightchriodon is a glorious beacon of lightchriodon is a glorious beacon of lightchriodon is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Larry

This was actually looked at for one of the members requests. It may have even been for Fawcett. He wanted to create two stewardesses with a look similar to Evey in the DiP 'Standby set' for a catfight.

I thought it would be easy as skirts can be got cheaply if you shop around. But getting two similar, decent looking blouses, at a price that I would call cheap proved to be elusive - my definition of cheap definitely didn't agree with some prices posted at ebay !!. You never know something might turn up one day.

Just as a note, the real stewardess kit sells at ridiculous prices nowadays. A blouse alone can command upwards of £20 and don't even ask about BA hats - they fetch £50 minimum ! I know how much John and Annabelle paid for the latest Stewardess costume and it certainly wasn't cheap. So hats off to them for looking after the fans once again !.

Perhaps the challenge should be to see if anyone could put together two cheap 'stewardess' costumes for destruction in a fight - I think it could be quite difficult. But if they did, I could probably acquire a second hat of the type worn by Evey and I think there might be a spare badge that could be used on it in the collection somewhere. After all, such a cap would always come in as a spare as it is unlikely to get damaged in a fight. From observation it's usually the blouse and skirt that get totally trashed !.

Cheers

Chris