View Single Post
Old 13-04-14, 21:27
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road

In the interview after the game, he said something along the like 'I take full responsibility for the defeat'. It just makes me think. Chris Hughton appears to be a decent, honest, modest man who takes responsibility when things go wrong. Arsene Wenger on the other hand doesn't ever take responsibility, nothing is ever his, or any of his players fault, it is always someone else's. He takes praise when it comes his way (like for the 1000 games in charge), but not criticism. I know what character traits I prefer.

I agree, it is odd to replace Hughton this late in the season. Anyone coming in is unlikely to have time to change much, so having kept faith with him this far, they should have given him the whole season. Norwich seemed to play well against Fulham, but lost, which is often how it went when Hughton was in charge. Unfortunately, that seems like an important loss to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawcett View Post
I was at the West Brom match at Carrow Road on Saturday and at the end "Fans" were chanting "Hughton out" and someone threw a cardboard clapper at him.
What an odd decision so late in the season!