Thread: Arsenal 3rd
View Single Post
Old 12-04-15, 21:28
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road

When we won the FA Cup and then the Community Shield, I hoped it would be a turning point. But then it was just more of the same. The improvement in the team with Coquelin in the defensive midfield role rather than Flamini (he's been really poor this season) was more luck than judgement, imho. He'd been an Arsenal player for years before this season as well, it's not like he was a new signing! I think we've shown better form in the new year, but that is what we usually do - improve when we can no longer win the league. The same as in the Champions League knock out stage - screw it up in the first leg, then play better in the second leg when it's very unlikely we will be able to win. That is a mentality problem and if it's affected the whole team, can only come from one source - Arsene Wenger. I still think Wenger needs to go because I don't think we will do more than finish in the top four and challenge for the domestic cup competitions under him. With the amount he is spending now, that's not acceptable.