View Single Post
Old 30-08-12, 11:15
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Well said Bound, very well said. The British media have been in adulation of Rooney ever since he started to perform at Everton, the media just can't get enough of Rooney..perhaps the penny has finally dropped with Fergie who I kind of think is hoping to offload Rooney but I don't think many (if any) clubs will pay £40 million and £200,000 a week for the guy. Incidentally, do you remember Rooney saying "Once a Blue, always a Blue" and then doing the offski to Utd. That is very poor form imo.

RVP going to Utd is sickening. Again, we a have a professional footballer (average of 6 goals per season in his first 6 seasons at Arsenal!) who turns in a great season just before his contract is up. He was on MOD kissing the badge for the club every other game last season, saying he loves the club, but it seems just not enough to jump ship at his most opportune moment to earn a bit of extra cash.

It's also annoying that Wenger allows this to happen season after season. I read an interesting fact in that the 11 "big name" players that we have sold to our competitors in recent seasons had now amassed 44 winners medals, whilst at Arsenal, we have gotten none. It's a shocking stat but displays with clarity that you wont win anything if you keep selling your best players to clubs that compete directly with you in your league!