View Single Post
Old 11-05-15, 21:48

Carriage5 is on a distinguished road

Hi Chris,

No problem -DIP is great but there is the real world.

Thanks for the reply - Ahh,the detailed script.It is an unfortunate habit of mine to throw everything in including the kitchen sink.I guess it's trying to get what's in the minds eye down on paper.This method worked well when I did the reviews but probably makes the scenario ideas over complex.I should know better as I think John and indeed you know what I like i.e. a general feeling that we are watching an excerpt from a TV or film drama/thriller.
It is made easier now that we have a large back catalogue and can refer to elements/scenes in previous releases to explain what is wanted.

I know a manifestation of this 'over detailing' is the dialogue where I tend to write every line.Whilst I think it flows/works as written,it is a guideline as to how the conversation should go,what information should be imparted to the viewer (e.g. Chessman's handler explaining what the mission is) or 'cool lines (e.g. 'Hello Officer Jones' when Cindy examines the wig).
Dialogue for me is an important element and can lift a release but the models shouldn't feel 'boxed in' if they can come up with a better line or drop in an adlib (as in the case of Anita who is brilliant at this).

Some viewers might have noticed or questioned the fact that whilst everything else gets detailed the stripping/redressing and indeed binding isn't described in such detail.The simple reason for this is nine times out of ten in the releases I've viewed this important element has been carried out very well so no need to explain what is required.

However at the end of the day it's the usual caviat regarding scenario ideas :John and team can use.change or leave out whatever they want either through having a better idea (which happens a lot),what's been requested isn't possible or just doesn't work/look right when filmed in the original form or through time restraints (it is a business after all).

Great if you can sort some I.D.'s It's these details that really lift the production.

I think Draft 1 is as good as it's going to get (though I am,as ever, mithering over a couple of elements) and will make a good release (as well as a good preview on youtube) in whatever form it appears (if at all).I'm always aware that these type of scenarios take a lot of organising and time to film.

Regards,

Carriage5

Last edited by Carriage5; 11-05-15 at 23:28.