View Single Post
Old 28-09-22, 00:13
AFF Guru

peter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to behold
Question

It's as well that the England Lionesses continue with their good run of success because with the World Cup starting in less than 2 months time in Qatar, the prospects for the England mens' team look dismal. I said when the draw was made 10 years ago or whenever, that it was a bad mistake to play the games in Qatar, not only because of the heat, but also their atrocious human rights record. Few of us expect them to win although the last I saw, the bookies made them 2nd favourites at 11/2. That's nonsensical! I wouldn't even risk a couple of quid on them at 100/1 against! If they rise to the occasion and prove me wrong, I shall gladly eat my words.
With the IMF and the Bank of England expressing the view that Liz Truss and her Chancellor's recent Policy statement being catastrophic, we badly need some sporting success to lift our spirits. let's throw all our weight behind the England Lionesses in their Word Cup Tournament in 10 months time!