View Single Post
Old 17-03-22, 13:00
Site Admin

larrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter92305 View Post

Thanks for your input Larry.
I never believe politicians because under 'collective responsibility', they all have to sing from the same hymnsheet. You can't believe Putin because he just spouts propaganda either to kid the people of Russia that he is winning or to try and dent the belief that we can win.

I do, however, believe the free press that we have in the West. I have grown up listening and watching the B.B.C. and I trust the independent reporting that their news teams do. We also have great investigative reporters,(on all channels throughout Europe and the Western free world) who make great documentaries and I trust their findings.
Whilst I have never been a fan of Donald Trump, he did have one ace up his sleeve:he was thoroughly unpredictable, which meant that his major opponents (Russia, China, and North Korea) needed to tread with care because they never knew what the consequences might be if they acted irrationally.

Unfortunately, we are now in the same precarious position with Putin because he is equally unpredictable.
Thanks for your input too Peter.