View Single Post
Old 18-12-11, 22:54
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road

Like you John, I think that our first team is good. I think that a backup keeper would be good, although maybe not vital, as keepers don't get injured very often. Although didn't David Seaman once get injured picking up his TV remote?) Also, I think I prefer Mannone in goal to Fabianksi. Whether we need to buy another centre back depends on whether Mertesacker improves or not. If he does, then I'd say we're okay there. We've actually, in my opinion, got 4 good full backs (although some biased pundits seem to think Tottenham's Kyle Walker is better than Sagna. I suspect this is for the sole reason that he's English), but they're all injured at the moment, which is quite an unusual position to be in. Our first choice centre midfield of Song, Ramsey and Wilshere is, in my opinion, probably the best in the Premier League. Although you don't know how good Wilshere will be when he returns from injury. He may be a way off where he was last season. Frimpong, Arteta and Diaby are good backups. In the wide area, we have five good options, but that's if Arshavin and Rosicky can recover their form. I'd use Oxlade-Chamberlain ahead of them anyway. I don't know why Wenger doesn't. So maybe we could sell those two and get in two younger attacking midfielders. Maybe with a bit more pace, too, as apart from Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain, we're not the quickest. Up front, we could do with another striker and if Chamakh doesn't recover his form sell Chamakh and buy two strikers. But again, if Chamakh DOES recover his form, only one will be enough. So basically, I think overall, we probably only need a striker. But that depends on how well/badly the likes of Mertesacker, Arshavin, Rosicky and Chamakh play this month. Also, as I just said, hopefully Wenger can move Oxlade-Chamberlain up the pecking order, because he looks like he has loads of potential.