View Single Post
Old 09-02-14, 07:38

kinkster74 is on a distinguished road

Hi Larry,

I'm one of the few fellow Yanks here and I share your love of American football, but I must admit that hockey is by far my favorite sport (I'll be discussing that with you in the hockey thread).

So, wow, what a finish to the season, eh? I know it's not what either of us would have preferred. You're a Steelers fan and I'm Colts fan and neither one of us had our team raising the Lombardi Trophy. Hopefully one of us will see that happen again soon.

I'll be honest, I'm not surprised Seattle took this one. I was, however, surprised by their complete and total domination of the Denver Broncos. I figured it would be a close game no matter who won. Obviously I was wrong. I think the first snap of the game really set the tone (pardon the cliche). The noise at Metlife Stadium combined with the ridiculously fast pace of the Seattle defense pretty much made it impossible for Manning and the Broncos to ever get their timing right. Even though Denver just dominated their opponents in the regular season, especially offensively, they never really saw a defense as strong as Seattle's (no disrespect intended towards Denver's opposition in the regular season), so I just don't think they were really ready to face what they faced against Seattle. I know it's another sports cliche, but more often than not defense is what wins championships and this was made crystal clear in this year's SB. I'd be interested to get your take on this.

- kinkster74