View Single Post
Old 06-04-24, 13:39
AFF Guru

peter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to behold
Cool

A less than convincing performance by the Lionesses (current EURO champions) against Sweden last night. Score 1-1 draw. I watched the match on ITVx both to support the Lionesses and to assess whether Sweden had the ability to go on to win the trophy. The answer is they most certainly do.
One thing I hadn't appreciated is that you can finish bottom of the league stage and still go on to win the tournament. The third and fourth teams play each other in a knockout match to see who of them goes through to the next round.
England play Ireland on Tuesday night, ( again live on ITVx ) and that is a must win game as it will increase our chances of avoiding a top team in the knockouts. We are in the hardest group, ( England, France, Sweden and Irish Republic. ) France scrambled a 1-0 win against Ireland last night and are currently top of the group. The atmosphere at Wembley last night was a little muted,( No Sweet Caroline, BOOM ,BOOM BOOM ) which perhaps reflected the apprehension that the home supporters had for the prospects of England retaining their title. I would still back them to at least reach the final, however.

Last edited by peter92305; 06-04-24 at 16:08.