View Single Post
Old 08-02-13, 10:30
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Oh you are a cynical, bitter and twisted football fan my friend

That said, I agree with you. The PL is overhyped...by SKY tv, how often have you heard them decry the PL as being the best league in the world. Tell that to Barcelona & Real Madrid and see if they agree. Often you will hear punndits and commentator telling us that a foreign player needs to adapt to the pace of the game in the PL... of courses.. as like you point out, they spend more time running around and fouling than actually passing or attempting to play intelligent football we all love to watch when you see Messi and gang trouncing rival after rival.

SKY TV has engendered this culture, just look at the pundits on Soccer Saturday, all blood and guts players who could take a tackle in their day..and of course dish it out..

I don't know who was commentating on the England game, probably Clive Tyldeley or Jim Proudfoot. I like neither and your comment brings up an issue I also have with commentators. they have an approach that their opinion is the only opinion and that they are of course completely right 100% of the time...ignorant *ossers

that said, it was sad to hear of the passing of David Oats, only at the age of 50. He was the chap who was commentating and described the Fabrice Muamba events as well doing commentary during the olympics.

Cheers
John