View Single Post
Old 10-02-13, 18:50
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road

I am bitter and twisted, aren't I? I'm only 30, too! (Yes, I realise that a lot of other people wouldn't see it as being 'only 30'. It definitely feels like 'only 30' though!) It probably come from living in Kent and not having any football league team to follow other than Gillingham. Since they nearly got promoted to the Premier League a while back, all they've seemed to do is go round in circles. Although they are second in League 2 at the moment (I think?). Also, technically, isn't Gillingham in Medway and not Kent?

Sorry about that. Being even more bitter and twisted there! I don't know how much of the England game you saw, but the hype after about Wilshere I thought was incredibly premature. He played well against a Brazil team who were awful! They certainly were not the Brazil of old. I don't know how much of that is because it was only a friendly or if they are a really poor side these days. I don't actually think he's played that well for Arsenal this season (although, to be fair, it's a poor Arsenal team).

Talking about Arsenal, how comes they vere from struggling to be able to score at all and not conceding to scoring and conceding for fun? It makes no sense whatsoever. They don't seemto have any bog standard 20, 3-1 type results at all? Also, what was the point of signing a left back in the transfer window? Admittedly, Andre Santos is an awful reserve left back to have, but surely another striker, defensive midfielder, centre back and reserve keeper (remember how poor Mannone was?) should have been higher priorities on Wenger's list? If Arsenal qualify for the Champions League this season, it'll be very surprising to say the least. That will only add to my arguement that the quality of the Premier League has markedly fallen, because there is no way it will be because of Wenger's ability as a manager!