All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > OUR SITES - SA Web sites > Demurefun > Demurefun ideas and requests
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Old 19-07-22, 05:26
AFF Die Hard

halfslip56 is on a distinguished road
Default Remastering Old Clips

Is there a chance that some clips can be remastered to 4k one from when
before that format begin i have a few favorites that i would like to see given
a better version than 960x540.
Old 19-07-22, 08:35
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Its not something we are considering at the moment. It's certainly possible if we have the RAW footage available but some of the very old content is on DV tapes. We moved to cameras that shoot on SD card some years ago so all of that is stored on hard drives but the tape foootage is in a secure storage loaction and as you can imagine, there are thousands of them. A full remaster would have to be done from RAW footage but if what your after is simply rendering the edited footage into a larger format it is possible but results would differ significantly.

Give me an idea of a file you would like remasterd and I will let you know if it's remotely possible or worth it
Old 20-07-22, 06:03
AFF Die Hard

halfslip56 is on a distinguished road

Hey John (DF1221 Emma Clair)
I think it's from late 2013 960x540 Aspect Ratio

Old 20-07-22, 08:01
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

That video would have been around 2008 - 2011 possibly. In 2012 we had some work done to the house which is absent from that image so that is pre 2012 for sure

The RAW footage would be on DV tape so there are some significant issues regars that. Tapes from that era are stored off site at a secure location and to locate the tape would take up quite a chunk of time.

Further, DV tapes is legacy content so we dont readily have the facility of transcribing the content from tape to RAW editible format

These things may seem small but that are a significant challenge in themselves. They are certainly not impossible but the amount of work / effort required to achieve the desired outcomes would, in my view, make it unviable.

cheers

Last edited by John; 23-07-22 at 09:20.
Old 20-07-22, 11:10
Administrator
Site Admin

As a quick example,

Here is an image from a remastered scene of Ariel at 4K but as it has different image proportions, you will see the black lines down the sides
https://i.imgur.com/G02raqW.jpg

and here is an image of edited footage rerendered at 4K
https://i.imgur.com/BXS3D7p.jpg

Last edited by John; 20-07-22 at 11:15.