All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > Sport! > General Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 15-12-11, 22:08
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road
Default Arsenal transfer targets

I don't know if you've noticed, but since the summer, Arsenal have been linked with a lot of players. I mean, even more so than usual. This could be the usual agents talking, or it could be the media speculating, because they think Arsenal need to buy. However, I was thinking, maybe Wenger's been feeling bad about his lack of activity in the summer, after attempting to cling on to Fabregas and Nasri and then having to rush around at the last minute? I mean, maybe he's leaking stories to the press deliberately, to appease the Arsenal fans?
Old 16-12-11, 12:22
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

I'm not so sure. Wenger is a reluctant spender and the fact that the team are currently holding their own and proving some critics wrong will affirm his belief that he has enough talent and strength in his current squad.

Where would you like to see him strengthen? I think the first team as is is probably a match for most teams, but the issue is lack of depth. beyond Sceszny, our next best keep is "Flapianski" who again proved how woefull he was in our last Champions league game. Defenseively, were just about ok, midefield, reasonable, strikers, beyond Van persie, we are very weak...

decisions...decisions...
Old 18-12-11, 22:54
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road

Like you John, I think that our first team is good. I think that a backup keeper would be good, although maybe not vital, as keepers don't get injured very often. Although didn't David Seaman once get injured picking up his TV remote?) Also, I think I prefer Mannone in goal to Fabianksi. Whether we need to buy another centre back depends on whether Mertesacker improves or not. If he does, then I'd say we're okay there. We've actually, in my opinion, got 4 good full backs (although some biased pundits seem to think Tottenham's Kyle Walker is better than Sagna. I suspect this is for the sole reason that he's English), but they're all injured at the moment, which is quite an unusual position to be in. Our first choice centre midfield of Song, Ramsey and Wilshere is, in my opinion, probably the best in the Premier League. Although you don't know how good Wilshere will be when he returns from injury. He may be a way off where he was last season. Frimpong, Arteta and Diaby are good backups. In the wide area, we have five good options, but that's if Arshavin and Rosicky can recover their form. I'd use Oxlade-Chamberlain ahead of them anyway. I don't know why Wenger doesn't. So maybe we could sell those two and get in two younger attacking midfielders. Maybe with a bit more pace, too, as apart from Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain, we're not the quickest. Up front, we could do with another striker and if Chamakh doesn't recover his form sell Chamakh and buy two strikers. But again, if Chamakh DOES recover his form, only one will be enough. So basically, I think overall, we probably only need a striker. But that depends on how well/badly the likes of Mertesacker, Arshavin, Rosicky and Chamakh play this month. Also, as I just said, hopefully Wenger can move Oxlade-Chamberlain up the pecking order, because he looks like he has loads of potential.
Old 05-01-12, 12:30
Site Admin

larrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to behold

I have been so busy with the Holidays, I have not kept up with the Gills much lately. How are we doing John????
Old 05-01-12, 12:37
Site Admin

larrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to behold

I took a fast look, The Gills are currently 6th. in the standings "league table" and hopefully moving up. Looking pretty good so far.
Old 05-01-12, 16:32
Administrator
Site Admin

Annabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud of

I hope so. I hope they can stay up at least to play in the play off.
Old 05-01-12, 18:33
Site Admin

I hope so too!
Old 16-01-12, 00:29
Site Admin

Arsenal vs Man U will be broadcast local in Pittsburgh next weekend. Now, If the Gills broadcast comes up sometime in the future, I'll check it out for sure.
Old 06-03-12, 18:39
Site Admin

Good luck to the Gills today!