All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > Sport! > General Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-15, 22:16
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road
Default Arsenal 3rd Place and FA Cup winners - A Step Forward?

I'm not sure. In one way it's more of the same. We perform when then pressure's off because there's no chance of winning the league. I noticed when it was mentioned we could finish second, our form dropped off a bit. On the other hand, I don't think Alexis Sanchez is a typical Arsenal player (of recent seasons). His work rate is always a high and he doesn't disappear in big games. He also seems to bring the best out of Cazorla, who has always been so much better in the middle than on the left.

I hope Walcott can turn into a great Arsenal Centre forward. He needs to do it consistently though and he never has so far. Even when he plays on the wing, he's hit and miss. I don't know what's happened to Wilshere? He just never seems to make progress. He just seems to make the same mistakes in possession over and over again. As for the FA Cup celebrations, I though he was supposed to be Tee Total? Was he, or was Wenger just lying?

I'd like to see Arsenal sign a goalkeeper (Cech would be excellent!!!), a defensive centre midfielder and a striker. I do think that signing Sanchez was a big step forward. He seems to be able to raise his game when necessary. If only he could make all our other players do the same...
Old 11-06-15, 07:32
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

It seems they just dont do it under pressure. Historicaly (I'm not sure of last season stats) they are always the worst performers in the top 6 mini league of points off each other.

Walcott has the ability to be a really top player but his injuries always tend to ruin his season, I dont think he's played one full season yet? Wilshere seems to be treadin water. When he first hit the spotlight he was a young, promising talent that was destined to become a seriously good player. It seems he got stuck about half way on that journey...similar to Oxlade-Chamberlian.

Sanchez has been an excellent buy and the team needs more players like that right through the spine. Players with drive, a high work rate and burning ambition.

Having said that, the school report reads "B - Shows promise, Could do better"

Expect a similar story next season imo
Old 14-06-15, 21:10
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road

The goof thing about Walcott is he tends to say the right things and sound like he is ambitious and determined to improve as a player. It just doesn't always come across on the pitch. At least he's not like Wilshere, who both comes across as stupid and makes stupid mistakes. I suppose he'll allegedly be brilliant again after today. I actually forgot about Oxlade-Chamberlain. Who would have thought I'd have said that a couple of seasons ago? He looked like he was really going to kick on then. I don't think Wenger's comments help ('Finishing in the top four is like winning a trophy'). In a recent interview, I think Alexis Sanchez said that he thought this season was disappointing. I hope other Arsenal players share his opinion. I just don't think that they do.