All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > Sport! > General Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 14-05-13, 22:08
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road
Default Wayne Rooney

Apparently he put in a transfer request because his status had diminished and he wants first team football. It's a bit like a couple of years ago and he's trying to dictate terms, saying he wants to remain in this country. The problem is, imho people have begun to realise (a lot more among fans than pundits, it has to be said, some of whom still insist on claiming he is 'world class'. Based on what exactly? Never delivering at the highest level, maybe?) that he is not as good as they thought he was. This is exacerbated by his £300k per week wages (achieved by pulling his stunt a couple of years ago). Clubs will be unwilling to pay this and a transfer fee, when they can buy better players than Rooney for much less. Pundits suggest Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid but, imho, he is simply not good enough for these teams. That limits him to PSG or Monaco in France, Anzhi Makhachkala in Russia, Galatasary in Turkey, (if he changes his mind about moving abroad) or Manchester City or Chelsea in this country. I'm not sure if Man City or Chelsea would buy him, given they've seen how poor he's been over the past couple of seasons first hand and in Chelsea's case, their experience of buying Torres and Shevchenko once they've past their peak. Plus if rumours are correct and Man Utd do sign Ronaldo, Man Utd may be trying to get rid of Rooney anyway. I think if Ferguson had not retired, they definitely would be. Imho, Wayne Rooney may just be about to get a big reality check.
Old 15-05-13, 13:37
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

I dont think he's the player he was and it is unlikely United will stretch to any significant lengths to keep him. i agree he may end up at PSG or even China. I doubt an EPL side would want him on £300k a week