All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > Sport! > General Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 19-08-13, 21:43
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road
Default What is Wenger trying to achieve?

Every summer for the last few seasons, it's been the same. Not much. When it happens, the players aren't great and they're last minute deals. The only difference this summer is that they promised at the start of the transfer window that he'd spend money. Why? Just to appease the fans is my guess. But to do that, without having the intention of spending, was only going to cause this situation.

We don't have any 'quiet' transfers anymore (e.g Scott Parker has just joined Fulham. He was linked to QPR, not Fulham. Fulham didn't leak to the press beforehand). Arsenal have just made a £10million bid for Cabaye - leaked to the press, as always. Why?

Also, the Suarez bid bothers me. If they weren't sure of the facts regarding his contract clause (they can't have been, they were wrong), why make a £40million & £1 bid and leak it to the press? It means that if they were wrong (they were), the bid would get Liverpool’s backs up and there would be no chance of a subsequent bid being successful.

It’s as if Wenger’s doing this to say to fans ‘I am trying to buy players, honest’, whilst secretly having no intention of buying anyone, in order to prove himself right. This probably sounds paranoid, but why would every Arsenal transfer bid be leaked to the press – they didn’t do this before; this is only in the last few years, since he has been coming under criticism. Why would they make a bid for Suarez that was guaranteed to fail? If, as Mr Wenger would have us believe, he puts so much effort into transfers, with so little success, why are he and Mr Gazidis still employed by Arsenal? Surely this demonstrates thjeir incompetence in their positions?

I’ve said this before I think, but Mr Wenger is involved in every decision at Arsenal. This was lauded as a great way to be in the press when he was successful. It is inconceivable that he had no input into Kroenke (not willing to spend money) being invited onto the board and Usmanov (willing to spend money) being shut out. It is even more inconceivable that he had no input into Mr Gazidis’ appointment (he who sees top players leaving as good, because it reduces Arsenal’s wage bill). Platini is behind UEFA’s Financial Play Initiative (whether it is possible to implement or not. It probably isn’t). Platini is Mr Wenger’s friend. Mr Wenger’s degree is in economics and he has never spent big money on players, even before the move to the Emirates Stadium. Who is the main proponent of the ‘Arsene Wenger is a great manager without money to spend’ argument? Oh wait, that’s right – it’s Mr ‘I would have bought Beckham but couldn’t afford to’ Wenger. Why else would he say this?

For Mr Wenger’s fans, I would like to point out that firstly, he is doing all this to prove himself right, at Arsenal’s expense. Every season failing to finish in the top four is just around the corner. What happens if English teams continue to perform badly in Europe? Let’s face it, the top players have stopped coming here already. That’s right, the number of Champions League places available will decrease. What will Mr Wenger do then? I would also point out that would probably cause our remaining good players to leave and Mr Wenger would be even less likely to spend money. Mid table beckons under Mr Wenger.