All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > Sport! > General Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 14-03-13, 22:13
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road
Default 'Arsenal brave comeback attempt' talk is irritating

Admittedly I didn't see the game, but certain things about how this game has been covered I find irritating.

1) Bayern Munich had players missing. Schweinsteiger and Ribery, two important players for them, were missing.

2) Bayern Munich won 3-1 at the Emirates. They were defending a 2 goal lead, with 3 away goals. It was unlikely Bayern Munich would therefore play to their best. They didn't need to. Arsenal are not Barcelona.

3) Arsenal's improvement came after dropping Szczesny and Vermaelan. They have not been playing well this season. Who has? After such a long season of mediocre performances, Wenger should have been dropping players long before now.

4) Wenger fielded a weakened team against Blackburn in the FA cup, so he could field a full strength team against Bayern Munich. If he felt able to field a weakened team in the 2nd leg against Bayern Munich, why not in the first leg and go with his first team against Blackburn in the FA cup? What has changed in the interim? If anything, he should have done this the other way around.

5) On the same night as this so called brave 'comeback', Millwall beat Blackburn 1-0 in the FA Cup quarter final. Blackburn, who 'Brave Arsenal' were unable to beat, beaten by Millwall. Arsenal could still be in the FA Cup, in the semi final and out of the champions league, instead of out of both. Why do the media not point out that all last night's football results prove are how wrong Wenger got it, how is judgement is now critically flawed and how he now has to go a.s.a.p.
Old 15-03-13, 08:01
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

I agree and surely we can't be the only people who pick up on the fact that Arsenal dig out "brave wins" when the end result means nothing.

What Arteta was doing in the last 5 minutes only he will know but he certainly didn't strike me as top fuller with "bags" of experience!
Old 29-04-13, 21:51
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road

That's odd, isn't it? Wenger's recently signed more experienced (i.e older) players, but they don't seem to know what to do with it. Mertesacker and Andre Santos are 2 other 'experienced' players, who often don't appear to have the foggiest idea about what they're supposed to be doing. Rosicky is another one, when he's good, he's very good, when he's bad, he's woeful!