All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > Sport! > General Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 25-07-12, 19:50
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road
Default Robin Van Persie

Last year I was pissed off about the Fabregas and Nasri situation. I thought that the Fabregas situation was somewhat inevitable, given the transfer saga the previous summer and should have been dealt with much earlier in the summer. All that haggling didn't exactly get Arsenal much more money did it? The Nasri situation was more irritating, as it came accross as being purely about the money. The season before had been Nasri's only consistently good season for us (even then, he faded towards the end of the season. But then the whole team did) and before that, he had not even been in our first team.

The Robin Van Persie I'm not so annoyed about. Basically, I agree with what he said. I don't know what Arsenal are trying to achieve. Every year, they generate healthy profits (I think in terms of money generation, we were seccond only to Man Utd last season) and every year, not long after the profits are published, a small article appears (I don't know if anyone has noticed this?) along the lines that all the money isn't profits, it's already been earmarked for other purposes.

It's as if Arsenal are planting articles to pretend they have no money. They are generating a lot of money, either spend it on buying better players and keeping our best ones (Robin Van Persie) or reduce the price of what are the most expensive season tickets in the country! I think Wenger has lost his touch (and maybe, given the weird way he acts these days, lost interest), Gazidis seems to know nothing about football and Kroenke just wants to make money for himself. Personally, I'd like them all to leave and give Usmanov a go at running the club. He couldn't do much worse than Kroenke. But lets face iot, that's never going to happen. If Arsenal do nothing, the forseeable future of the club is a gradual slide down the table, in my opinion.
Old 27-07-12, 15:30
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Well said mate. A absolutely agree with your assessment of the future at Arsenal. Wenger it seems wants to prove that you don't need to spend big to win titles.

We've become a feeder a club, a club that gets half decent players and turn them into great players, Henri, Anelka, Fabregas, Cole, Clichy, Nasri, etc. Apart from Fabregas and Henri, most other choose to leave for financial gain and we let them go. I find it crazy, would Man Utd, Chelsea or City let their good players go? and to competing clubs in the same league?

Gazidis doesn't have a clue and Kroenk only has his own personal interests in any decision he makes about the club. He calls it "prudent sports management". You only have to look at his US teams to see what this means. It's a shame, but I, like you see Arsenal sliding into mid table obscurity. then with a half full Emirates and a drastically reduced income, someone at the club, might just sit up and take notice.

Re Van Persie, I feel a bit betrayed by the guy. After telling us all he is the most loyal Arsenal Fan, decides he wants to leave after his best season for us. In his first 6 seasons, he averaged 9 goals a season and was injured a hell of a lot. Most top flight clubs would have got shot of him on the conclusion of the first contact deal but Arsenal stuck by him, paid his wages week in and out whilst he kept the bench warm, then he has a half decent season followed by an amazing season, and now when he sits down to discuss his contract, he wants to leave. Seems loyalty is a one way street for RVP, he's after a big money deal and after all the hyperbole, he's the same as Clichy, Nasri, Cole and the gang, self centred money grabbing gits!!

RVP rant over

cheers
John
Old 27-07-12, 23:40
Site Admin

larrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to behold

I have been busy and havent had the time to see the full venue for the London games. Is there going to be soccer/football in the Olympic games?
Old 28-07-12, 14:14
Site Admin

larrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to behold

I just checked. Yes there is.
Old 30-07-12, 21:45
AFF Guru

How does Kroenke's "prudent sports management" work with the teams he owns in the U.S? Are they successful?

As for RVP, I feel sorry for him to be honest, due to the sheer quantity of the time at Arsenal that he's spent injured. It must make up, if added together, a huge amount of time and if it wasn't for those injuries, maybe he could achieve more. My major gripe about that is the number of Arsenal players this applies to. Did you see the news that Wilshere is out until October at least? He's already missed a whole year! What does Wenger do in training? He needs to take responsibility for this, as this doesn't occur every season at other clubs, but now it does every season at Arsenal. You can be sure we'll have more players out before the season starts. I think it maybe time Arsenal fans show their disgust by not turning up. I think that's probably the only language Kroenke will understand.
Old 30-07-12, 21:47
AFF Guru

Regarding the Olympic Games, 'Team GB' (I hate that! That is SO American! What's wrong with 'the British football team? Unbelievable!) beat the UAE 3-1 and Alan Hansen promptly said that he thoguh 'Team GB' could win it. I kid you not.
Old 31-07-12, 00:22
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundngag View Post
How does Kroenke's "prudent sports management" work with the teams he owns in the U.S? Are they successful?

As for RVP, I feel sorry for him to be honest, due to the sheer quantity of the time at Arsenal that he's spent injured. It must make up, if added together, a huge amount of time and if it wasn't for those injuries, maybe he could achieve more. My major gripe about that is the number of Arsenal players this applies to. Did you see the news that Wilshere is out until October at least? He's already missed a whole year! What does Wenger do in training? He needs to take responsibility for this, as this doesn't occur every season at other clubs, but now it does every season at Arsenal. You can be sure we'll have more players out before the season starts. I think it maybe time Arsenal fans show their disgust by not turning up. I think that's probably the only language Kroenke will understand.
He has marginal success in his US teams. Wikipedia.com tells his tale over here and abroad in the UK. It's probably worth reading about all of that there to make it easier.
Old 11-12-20, 02:06

vondesiong is on a distinguished road

I agree that an informational occasion or a mention somewhere in the news gives the advertised token a big jump, and before Buy crypto on Switchere and take this creep into account, you need to carefully read it, I always study everything thoroughly, and then I am already deciding what to do with it and whether it is worth working with this service Switchere. How does this happen to you?

Last edited by vondesiong; 11-12-20 at 21:53.