All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > General News and Discussion > Support Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-16, 03:35

pmxx82 is on a distinguished road
Default Downloadlimit

Hi,

I keep checking back every few months to see whether the download policy has changed.

Isn't it possible to have a monthly download limit instead of a daily one?

Or, how much would I have to pay to get that?

As it is now, it's not worth it for me, because I'm not one of those customers who check in every other day to download a few videos.

Maybe my consuming habits are a bit unusual in that I'm used to downloading 20, sometimes 40gb one day when I have time for that, but then won't even come back for days, often weeks, sometimes even months.

This was the main reason I cancelled my membership so long ago.

Thank you!
Old 04-03-16, 07:34
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Thanks for your feedback. We recently increased the 24hr download limit from 3gb to 5gb which is a fair chunk of content but I take your point.

I will see if there is a possibility of setting up a monthly limit though I have some reservations with that in the evnt of a member using up his / her entire months allowance one download period and then be prevented from accessing for a further 29 days.

I suspect the answer is if you hit the limit, send us an email. We will have a look at the stats and if you are a user who infrequently visits the site but does like to download a lot more when the do, we can work out a method to ensure that when you want access, you get it.

cheers
John
Old 27-03-16, 03:04

pmxx82 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Thanks for your feedback. We recently increased the 24hr download limit from 3gb to 5gb which is a fair chunk of content but I take your point.

I will see if there is a possibility of setting up a monthly limit though I have some reservations with that in the evnt of a member using up his / her entire months allowance one download period and then be prevented from accessing for a further 29 days.

I suspect the answer is if you hit the limit, send us an email. We will have a look at the stats and if you are a user who infrequently visits the site but does like to download a lot more when the do, we can work out a method to ensure that when you want access, you get it.

cheers
John
Thanks for the reply and for understanding!
Sorry for the delay (this time, I couldn't check back for 3 weeks).
I don't see any problem with this example. Even if I spent my monthly allowance in 2 days, it's my own fault that I can't access the site for the next 28 days.
It's still something I'd be able to live with VERY easily compared to a solution with a few gb/day.
But your suggestion is fair enough. If we could work something out, I'd be happy to be a member.

Cheers,
Max
Old 29-03-16, 01:06
AFF Regular

brianmac is on a distinguished road
Default download

As long as it doesnt limit the more frequent users with say less downloads
Old 29-03-16, 04:50
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Max,

I'm happy to work with you on this so if you become a member, give me a shout when you hit the limit.

cheers
John
Old 07-06-20, 16:10

kgjoe2010 is on a distinguished road

I have to say, this is the main reason I haven't committed to becoming a standing member - the daily download limit just doesn't accommodate the reality of 4K video file sizes. I have found that you guys have pretty good content and I want to commit to being a regular member, however I have fallen foul of exceeding the 6GB daily limit a number of times and then find I am banned for the following day. I appreciate this may not be the easiest balance to strike, but I wanted to be fair and just put it out there in the hope that you could reflect on it.

Thanks and good work on your sites
Old 08-06-20, 09:56
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgjoe2010 View Post
I have to say, this is the main reason I haven't committed to becoming a standing member - the daily download limit just doesn't accommodate the reality of 4K video file sizes. I have found that you guys have pretty good content and I want to commit to being a regular member, however I have fallen foul of exceeding the 6GB daily limit a number of times and then find I am banned for the following day. I appreciate this may not be the easiest balance to strike, but I wanted to be fair and just put it out there in the hope that you could reflect on it.

Thanks and good work on your sites
The reason we have the limit is to keep on top of our hosting bill which is our single biggest monthly expense, our hosters never shut off the service which is good, but you have to pay for the bandwidth we use in delivering content to customers.

I understand it is a huge pain for those users that hit that but as an example, 12 full 4K videos would get you close to the limit, there are also other things that play a factor as the system we use adds the file size to your download count from the moment you click it to download or watch so we advise people not to run multiple downloads at once or use download managers because the system could inadvertently block you before your content has fully downloaded.

All the 'playable' media on the site is in SD, much smaller file sizes so you could probably watch around 60 x SD vids in a session, so in some cases, we suggest members preview in SD before deciding what they want in 4K but it really is up to members to do what works best for them.

In reality, perhaps less than 0.7% of our members ever hit the download limit on any given day but we certainly understand the frustration if you do hit it. We are looking at ways to improve the system such as warnings to a user before they hit the limit, perhaps throttling users once they hit the limit so they can still access content but only in SD format and at a slower speed, these are all things that we are considering

I hope that helps

cheers
John
Old 14-06-20, 00:50

xxxx81 is on a distinguished road

@John's problem with the traffic limit is that most people keep going a day later until they have everything they want, at least I do. So you have to pay the traffic anyway. On the other hand, this traffic limit has often kept me from joining again because I just didn't have the time or the desire to do this to myself.Which finally means lost income for you again, because I am for sure not the only one who thinks so.
Old 16-06-20, 09:53
AFF Guru

satinfun is on a distinguished road

Perhaps you need to increase your preview sections. That is, make video previews longer and more
screenshots about the video. This way people/members can have a strong idea about the videos they
are interested in before actually downloading them. Hope this will save the download limit.
Old 16-06-20, 09:56
AFF Guru

Also note that many people are struggling financially due the pandemic circumstances and therefore they are very careful about spending money on things that they do not get a return from.
Old 16-06-20, 10:48
Administrator
Site Admin

Annabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud of

This Pandemic has affected us all.
Old 16-06-20, 10:56
AFF Guru

So you need to think outside the box and try new things ... I mean change your strategy
Old 16-06-20, 17:26
Administrator
Site Admin

We are doing the best we can, service has remained fairly consistent and continues. We have had to 'think outside the box' in order to do that though the DL limit affects less than 1% of our customers. I think you will agree that is not an absolute priority at this moment though I do understand the frustrations for the very small amount of people who hit it
Old 16-06-20, 22:05
AFF Guru

Yes sure.

I mean, you may need to help people change their download habits.
Old 21-06-20, 01:46
AFF Buddy

JessLanhom will become famous soon enough

Personally, I'm not that bothered by the download limit, and can live with it, although I have hit it accidentally a few times. However I think it could be made a bit friendlier, in terms of the message that is displayed when you hit it. How about putting up a warning when you get to 5GB say, as it's not always easy to keep track of how much you have downloaded over the last 24 hours.

Another point that occurs to me is that if only 1% of users are affected by the limit, then is it really saving you much in terms of bandwidth?

J
Old 22-06-20, 10:11
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLanhom View Post
Personally, I'm not that bothered by the download limit, and can live with it, although I have hit it accidentally a few times. However I think it could be made a bit friendlier, in terms of the message that is displayed when you hit it. How about putting up a warning when you get to 5GB say, as it's not always easy to keep track of how much you have downloaded over the last 24 hours.

Another point that occurs to me is that if only 1% of users are affected by the limit, then is it really saving you much in terms of bandwidth?

J
Good point, the messaging was changed this weekend in fact, giving more of an explanation, so the 'permanently blocked' has been changed.

Regards the second point, it is valid but whilst we have less than 1% that hit the block, we do have many more that work to the limit, i.e, monitor their data transfer to ensure they use what they can without hitting the block.
Old 29-06-20, 09:47
AFF Guru

There are no updates on your sneakypeeks voyeur clips4sale store!?

https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/19...store---voyeur
Old 30-06-20, 11:02
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by satinfun View Post
There are no updates on your sneakypeeks voyeur clips4sale store!?

https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/19...store---voyeur
We have found the error and will start fixing that today
Old 30-06-20, 12:21
Administrator
Site Admin

Annabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud of

Ok guys. Sneakypeeks has now been sorted out on the clip store. I still have a few more pages to do but there are now starting from today. I will finish off asap
Old 30-06-20, 22:40
AFF Guru

Thanks a lot!