All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > Sport! > General Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 31-07-13, 20:27
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road
Default Arsenal Transfer

Thus far this summer, Arsenal's ONLY transfer in has been the free transfer of Yaya Sanogo. No one else. The only difference between this transfer window and others is that Arsenal have linked themselves to bigger name transfer targets such as Rooney and Suarez.

What usually happens (admittedly with lesser names in football) is lots of bids earlier in the transfer window (all mysteriously leaked to the press) and none arrive. Then Wenger will buy mid-price range transfers right at the end of the window, in the mistaken belief that he can still spot the Anelkas, Vieiras, Henrys and Petits. He can't. Imho, this is because his judgement of players is no longer what it was. Arsenal now buy the likes of Gervinho, Mertesacker and Andre Santos.

Then in the subsequent season, he will tell the press that he has bid for big name players in the past (like he mentioned Beckham last season) but couldn't afford the wages. There is, imho, NO REASON BENEFICIAL TO ARSENAL that he would say this. Let's face it, he may as well be saying 'We cannot afford decent wages, please bigger clubs, come and buy our better players, such as Vermaelan, Sagna and Walcott (it should tell you a great deal that Walcott is now one of our best players. That's how far Arsenal have fallen in recent seasons). Imho, the only reason Wenger would say this is to perpetuate the myth that he is a great manager, he just does not have money to spend. He does have money. He always does. Arsenal have the highest priced season tickets in Britain. Arsenal have sold off the properties on Highbury Square (after initial difficulties). Arsenal make record profits every year. It's a joke and a bad joke at that.

Wenger has NEVER liked spending money. His record signing is still Arshavin (or maybe Reyes, but for some reason it is still unclear how much they paid for him). The difference is, he cannot spot the lower value transfers with great potential anymore. Therefore he is unable to assemble a great team. This means that, as long as Wenger remains manager of Arsenal, the club are in an on going decline. For Arsenal to improve, one thing need to change - the manager. It's time to say au revoir Mr Wenger, I'm afraid.
Old 01-08-13, 09:21
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

He's already started preparing his excuses saying it is unlikely the club will sign anyone before the Emirates Cup.

It's the usual smoke and mirrors with Arsenal, postulate and talk big and then deliver little, and his reason for this, he will say, is that the top players were priced out the market by the mega rich clubs and that the ones left on the shelf weren't any better than the ones he has at the club....

so in a nutshell, all the hype about £120 million to spend (30 of which could have landed Higuain!) is a load of bollocks.
Old 05-08-13, 22:00
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road

The thing that really irritates me is that they repeatedly insult Arsenal fan's intelligence. As an Arsenal fan, I can see the same thing more or less happening every summer. I am not stupid; I'd like to think other Arsenal fan's aren't stupid. Apparently, Arsenal are on the verge of selling Gervinho and Chamakh. So that puts them even further in profit, as the only player to come in is Sanogo on a free transfer!!!

I was at the Emirates Cup yesterday and Arsenal looked poor. They were easily beaten by Galatasary when they simply upped their game in the second half. Admittedly we were missing a couple of players, but that's all. Our passing was poor, our defending was awful, Oxlade Chamberlain always chose the wrong way to run (why does he always playe better for England than he does for Arsenal?), Walcott's final ball was terrible. I know it was only a pre season tournament, but they were not good signs.

It's not a good year not to make any signings either. Martinez has taken over at Everton, so I expect them to challenge for the top four, Liverpool have been making a few signings and if they keep Suarez, they'll be challenging and if Spurs sell Bale for the reported £100 million (what a joke! I don't even think he'll adapt to Spanish football straight away. The quality of the Premier League is low and Bale's game is all about pace and power. The Spanish league is higher quality and more technical) and re-invest that in several players, I would expect them to be challenging too!

Maybe I'll just support Ian Holloway's Crystal Palace in the Premier League this season. Holloway plays attacking football and will be the funniest manager in the Premier League! In the Championship, I'll probably be following Derby, as they're managed by Nigel Clough, son of the late Brian Clough. I realise he wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but his teams played good football and he was funny too! Also, I'll probably follow Ipswich in the Championship, as they're managed by Mick McCarthy and I think he's a good manager. Wolves sacked him and they're now in League 1! Two relegations in two seasons! What a joke! They'll be playing the Gills this season! I'll probably be following the Gills too. Hopefully they can stay up this year and consolidate their position in League 1. They'll be helped by Coventry's 10 point deduction. I find this unbelievable! When I was at school, they were one of those teams that was always in the Premier League. It seemed like they would be there forever. Then they go down and just don't come back. Some teams bounce back immediately (like Newcastle & West Ham), others take longer (Man City, QPR, Southampton), some still haven't (Nottingham Forest, Oldham, Coventry, Bradford).