All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > Sport! > General Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-13, 21:08
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road
Default Belated congratulations to the Gills

They clinched promotion to League one on Saturday. Hopefully, they should go on to be champions of League 2 this season (they need 3 points from 3 games). How well will they do in League 1 next season? It seems to me the step up from League 2 to League 1 is not that severe. However, the big step up, imho, is League 1 to the championship. The championship is very close and very competitive. Teams seem to struggle when promoted from League 1. I'd say it's a bigger step up than it is from the Championship to the Premier League. Just look at how poor the Premier League is these days and how clubs promoted from the Championship can do well there now. So, hopefully, Gillingham will be able to remain in League 1 after next season, but they will probably need to improve a lot to gain promotion to and subsequently remain in, the championship.
Old 12-04-13, 08:29
Administrator
Site Admin

Annabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud ofAnnabelle has much to be proud of

I think we may still struggle in league 1.
Old 12-04-13, 08:46
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Echoing Annabelle, Footy fans are in the majority of cases a pessimistic bunch. No sooner have we been promoted than we start ruing the potential of a disaster season in League 1.

Having said that, I am chuffed to bits for the Gills and the fans. It has been a long hard slog over the last couple of years in League 2. We were there with friends at the last game against Torquay and when the announcement came over the tannoy at the end of the game that the Gills had been promoted. There was elation and a few tingles up the spine.

brilliant.. just brilliant..

I don't want to think about League 1 just yet...there will be time enough for that in a few months time
Old 12-04-13, 11:15
Site Admin

larrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to behold

Congrats to the Gills!
Old 16-04-13, 20:25
AFF Guru

The Gills just need 1 point now to be confirmed as champions of league 2! I would say I'm more optimistic (probably because I have not followed them as much as you guys) about the Gills next season. A few teams promoted from League 2 do stay up the following season...
Old 17-04-13, 10:56
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

We're at the last home game of the season this Saturday.

fingers crossed for a point and being confirmed as L2 Champions..

cue lagers in the pub afterwards!
Old 17-04-13, 11:07
Site Admin

larrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to beholdlarrydude is a splendid one to behold

Have fun John! I hope the lagers are enjoyed and not only a comfort! Good luck!
Old 17-04-13, 20:36
AFF Buddy

AFCBFAN1 is on a distinguished road

Yes congrats to the Gills, always liked playing against them. I`m a Bournemouth fan and we are only two wins away from promotion to the Championship for only the second time in our history. Finger nail biting time!
Old 17-04-13, 20:41
AFF Guru

Is it a pretty good time to be a Bournemouth fan now? I think (if I remember correctly?)a few seasons ago you were in League 2 with a big points deduction (along with Rotherham and Luton I think?) for financial reasons. You managed to stay up that season and since then have been on the rise. I think the Championship is pretty tough (imho tougher than the Premier League at the moment), but if promoted sides manage to keep their momentum going in the subsequent season, they've got half a chance...

I hope you Gills fans are celebrating come Saturday. I'm also pleased to hear you are a lager man! I was worried you would be a Master Brew guy, like my dad!