All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > General News and Discussion > General News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-16, 12:15
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of
Default WMV vs MP4

Just going through some site logs and wanted to ask members if you prefer one video version over the other.

Currently, videos are offered in MP4 & WMV but it seems most people only want or use MP4. Stats on Pantyamateur show that so that people are watching MP4 versions almost exclusively and these stats are representative over other sites within our network.

I suspect this is because more and people are accessing members areas using mobile devices (tablets or phones) that will generaly be compatible with MP4.

Perhaps we should drop WMV altogether and offer MP4 in HD & SD?

Any input is appreciated.

cheers
John
Old 09-03-16, 19:21
peter92305

As you say, it depends whether you're using a home computer or a mobile/tablet. I only use my Apple home computer ( which uses Safari ), which means that when i first joined in June 2014, i had to get a sky converter to be able to watch your downloads. This was fine and it enabled me to take instant pics whilst i was watching. I could print them up which i rarely did because the quality was less good, ( it's better now but still not up to the standard of your 6 or so member pics.
Now, you can watch the vids without downloading, ( as a member, that is ), but you need to remember that without downloading, you have no video to watch as and when you give up membership. You should also be aware that whilst you can also get full screen facility when NOT downloading, ( same as on u-tube ), the camera facility is not available so you can't extract your favourite pics from the video.
Downloading for home computer use, i seem to get identical results with either MP4 or WMV methods so i'm happy either way.

I've tried to explain this as best i can and i hope it makes some sort of sense. Presumably those who operate with a Windows home computer will not require the video converter. They presumably will have a different experience to mine.
Old 05-04-16, 09:17

satinheads is on a distinguished road

on my opinion, i suggest MP4.
WMV is proprietary - its windows media video.
i know - mp4 is done by apple - but i guess there are decoders to all OSes like pdf.

but you have to check the configuration on encoding - results can very vary at SD & 500 kbps...
and HEVC (h.265) is tricky, too. played around with SUPER.
Old 05-04-16, 22:36
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Another stats check and it seems members use MP4 almost exclusively....
Old 07-04-16, 03:23
AFF Buddy

draggerman is on a distinguished road

Please do not drop wmv, leave things the way they are, some of us do not have mobile phones and mp4 needs converting to play elsewhere than in pc. Instructions from other users are Chinese to me.
Old 11-04-16, 08:02

satinheads is on a distinguished road

aren't the VLC player available internationally? or its the china intranet?