All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > General News and Discussion > Support Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 22-09-14, 16:48
peter92305

Default Inability to post picture attachments.

Dear Guys,

You will probably have seen a new thread i did for Anita's Demurefun video on 1st. Sept--[ it was released at the end of July when both Annabelle and John were on holiday]. What you may not have seen was that i did an update edit about 6 hours later wherein i made a plea to you to kindly add the usual introductory pics. on my behalf.

I keep getting a message which says " Upload of File Failed ". I would like to know what i may be doing wrong although, that is not my main priority--that being to get some pictures up.

Hope you can help,
Thanks,

peter92305
Old 23-09-14, 20:58
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Thanks for this Peter,

I'll see what we can find out what the problem is. Can you see the images from the sites tour pages?

cheers
John
Old 24-09-14, 00:38
peter92305

Hi John,

I've repeated all the attempts previously made and they are still failing. I can't think of anything else to try. I've seen all the 5 images relating to this video from the videos index page [Currently the bottom of page 5] but i cannot
reproduce/transpose them onto a forum page. I've tried both options from the "Manage Attachments" page. I've even tried dragging them from a separate folder but nothing is working. The URL will appear in written form but when i test by using the 'Preview Post' button, it doesn't translate into the required picture.

As i said before, it is not imperative that i be able to put the pictures up myself, [ as much as i would like to, ] as long as you are able to do it for me. You clearly can do it yourself because you do so whenever you raise an introductory thread.

I await to hear,
Thanks'

Peter
Old 24-09-14, 07:12
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Are the images on this page?

http://demurefun.com/show.php?a=82_5

cheers
John
Old 24-09-14, 08:59
peter92305

No--they are on page 3--third down on the left --Anita, dated July29, 2014.

Is there any way you can add them to a reply on my original thread of Sep 01, 2014? I will show you what happens when i attempt it---

Thanks again,
Peterhttp://demurefun.com/preview/2278/big2.jpg
Old 24-09-14, 10:00
Administrator
Site Admin

These?

Old 24-09-14, 11:13
peter92305

Default Anita Jul 29th 2014

Brilliant!

Thanks. I'm still no further forward, however, in knowing what i'm doing wrong. Do you have some Admin/supervisor buttons to press that are not available to us? The rules clearly state that files can be attached so there has to be an answer.

Perhaps one day, i'll stumble upon it by accident.

Peter
Old 25-09-14, 07:35
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

In order to post images, simply use the following

[img]URL_TO_IMAGE[/img]

The url to the image should end in an image tag like .jpg, .gif, .png etc

cheers
John
Old 26-09-14, 09:32
peter92305

Default Anita Jul 29th 2014

Thanks john,

I still haven't quite cracked it yet!
Did you have to put those 6 pics up individually or do you put them up in block : i.e. one transaction only?
Old 27-09-14, 07:23
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

Yes, so for example

[img]URL_TO_IMAGE_1.jpg[/img]
[img]URL_TO_IMAGE_2.jpg[/img]
[img]URL_TO_IMAGE_3.jpg[/img]
[img]URL_TO_IMAGE_4.jpg[/img]
[img]URL_TO_IMAGE_5.jpg[/img]
[img]URL_TO_IMAGE_6.jpg[/img]
Old 27-09-14, 16:12
peter92305

Default DF1088 Sophia Lee

http://demurefun.com/members/content...0005.jpgDF1088

Hi John,
Sadly, i think i must throw in the towel on this one. Whenever i use the " MANAGE ATTACHMENTS " facility, i either get " UPLOAD OF FILE FAILED " or " INVALID URL ". I've tried transferring the pics to a separate folder and uploading from there. That results in the written URL as appears above but no pictures.

I've even managed to get a clickable URL [ as above ] to one of Sophia's pics but it's not available on this server. It's frustrating to think that doing an attachment to an e-mail should be so simple and yet i struggle with this. It may be ,of course, that i don't fully understand the capabilities of my Apple computer.

I think i have already wasted too much time trying to resolve this and i suspect that you are of a similar opinion.

In any event, thanks for your patience.
Peter
Old 28-09-14, 09:43
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

Sorry, I dont think I've explained it very well.

Regards the "[img]url_to_image.jpg[/img]", it is simply placing the [img](opens the image tag) and then the [/img] (close image tag) that tells the forum software to look for an image url. You dont need to attach or upload anything, just simply find the url location of the iage you wish to share and paste that between the image tags.

cheers
John
Old 28-09-14, 11:18
peter92305

Default DF1088 Sophia Lee

Well done John!

I do believe we have achieved lift-off!

Your task probably would have been made easier had i been more techno minded. A small step for mankind--a giant leap for me!
Old 29-09-14, 07:35
Administrator
Site Admin

Excellent!
Old 03-10-14, 08:29
peter92305

Hi John,

I'm beginning to get more comfortable now with the more common tags ie: highlight, color, images and size.

I've noticed that when you put the preview pics up for a newly released video, they are larger in size than the standard preview. I've tried using the size tag but that only seems to work for print.

Can you tell me how you obtain the [size=+2] pics or must that remain a trade secret?

As always, thanks for your help

peter92305
Old 03-10-14, 09:26
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

I'm afraid you have me stumped. I shall investigate

cheers
John
Old 04-10-14, 14:26
peter92305

Hi John,

I think i may have unwittingly stumbled upon the answer to the question i raised yesterday.
It looks to me that the standard preview URL's were automatically increased in size by 25% between May/June of this year as the 2 examples above suggest. Perhaps it is not possible to vary the size of these pictures.
My preview pics will automatically be smaller when i am doing archive work.

In any event, don't waste any more time on it--i know you are busy working on the latest preview Blogs.

Cheers!

Peter