All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > Sport! > General Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 28-04-13, 21:27
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road
Default Arsenal draw at home to Man Utd

Call me pessimistic, but I think that this could be critical to us failing to qualify for the Champions League. People are saying that Wigan's luck may run out this season and they may go down, but I think it could be Arsenal's (hopefully not both). The thing is with Arsenal that, when things don't go their way, they tend to simply give up. This result could feasibly lead our form simply falling away. We're only 2 points ahead of Spurs in fifth and they have a game in hand.

The thing that irritates me about the current Arsenal side is that, whereas before they would struggle against teams they should beat or who were more physical, we could beat the big clubs on our day. We may not have been able to win competitions, but one off victories against the likes of Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea always seemed possible. Now, Arsenal just never look like they are going to be able to pull off results against the big sides. Worse still, you just don't seem to think we'll beat the likes of Spurs, Everton or Liverpool either. Wenger should at least acknowledge the state of the team now and that the reason for it is that 1) he won't spend the money and 2) his once great judgement is now flawed. Signings on the cheap such as Viera, Fabregas, Anelka, Van Persie and Henry have been replaced by signings on the cheap such as Squillaci, Chamakh, Andre Santos and Mertesacker.

While we're talking about Wenger's limitations, why does he refuse to start with Oxlade Chamberlain? I think he should start on the right, with Walcott through the middle, to see if it could work with their pace. Surely that's worth a try? If Arsenal don't finish in the top 4, he should resign.

People who are saying Wigan's luck has run out this season fail to acknowledge that their next two games are away at West Brom and at home to Swansea. These two teams have nothing to play for and are eminently winnable. Their next fixture, away to Arsenal, is even more winnable!!! Two wins would put Wigan on 38 points, the same as Norwich in 14th place. I wouldn't write them off just yet.
Old 29-04-13, 06:57
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

It is going to be tight. I watched most of yesterdays game and was impressed with the way Arsenal started but they just seem to fall away.

The only thing that gives a crumb of confort to Arsenal fans desperate to see their team in the top 4 is that Tottenham and Chelsea play each other which guarntess at least 2 points dropped for either side.
Old 29-04-13, 21:47
AFF Guru

I see what you are saying John, but I just think that Arsenal are still likely to capitulate. The thing is that when things start to go wrong, there's absolutely no one there who can stop the rot. Van Persie was the only one we had and he left...

The problem will be that, if Arsenal don't make the top four, I don't think Kroenke will leave, I don't think he'll sack Wenger and I don't think Wenger will resign. It will hasten Arsenal's descent into mediocrity. The next step is being a mid table side with Europe League aspirations! The step after, just mid table. The step after, flirting with relegation. The step after battling relegation. The step after relegation. This may well seem a tad melodramatic (it may well be), it's just I don't think Wenger and Kroenke understand the state of affairs. They are unwilling to acknowledge just how poor this Arsenal team is these days.
Old 30-04-13, 06:45
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Spot on with your assessment, even if Arsenal end up 6th, Kroenk is here to stay (why on earth Lady Bracewell-Smith sold her shares to him is beyond me....she does have a genuine love for the club so to sell out to a guy that has no real ambition for the club is ludicrous) and the very sad fact of this all is that mid table medicrity is where Arsenal are destined to end up with him at the helm.

I think Arsenal will struglled to finish 4th, despite the crum of comfort mentioned above. The last 2 games are all against teams battling for survival and QPR who have already been relegated so may play with the freedom of a team that has nothing to fear. The last 2 games being against Wigan (32 points) and Newcastle (37 points) so we shouldn't expect any "easy wins". On the contrary, those games will be very difficult to win.

Kroenk is the problem at Arsenal and unfortuantely, he has zero inclination to sell up or move on....mid table mediocrity beckons
Old 05-05-13, 21:24
AFF Guru

There were reports in the papers a few days ago that Paris St Germain that Wenger would leave Arsenal to become their new manager. YAY! I thought. Unfortunately, since then Wenger has come out and said that he wants to extend his contract! Does he not realise that as each season passes, less and less of Arsenal's fans have any faith in him and a large percentage of us just want him to leave? I'm starting to think that the three unwise men Kroenke, Gazidis and Wenger will never leave Arsenal! Oh dear, mediocrity (at best), here we come!