All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > Sport! > General Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Old 01-08-22, 00:57
AFF Regular

Void99 is on a distinguished road
Default Ummm... gender equality? !!!!!

Everyone I know and people I see online who are crazy about Football appear to be very silent about women's football!
They just won a major tournament and still not a word!

Not a case of this, is it?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv0ueEI4OBQ

Sorry, I had to ask!!!
Old 01-08-22, 14:09
Gusset Licker
Site Admin

megaton is a splendid one to beholdmegaton is a splendid one to beholdmegaton is a splendid one to beholdmegaton is a splendid one to beholdmegaton is a splendid one to beholdmegaton is a splendid one to behold

They did it before the men's team so thats why they are quiet

Old 04-08-22, 11:47
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void99 View Post
Everyone I know and people I see online who are crazy about Football appear to be very silent about women's football!
They just won a major tournament and still not a word!

Not a case of this, is it?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv0ueEI4OBQ

Sorry, I had to ask!!!
Exactly my sentiments, then again most the talking heads of influence are not able to describe what a women is so perhaps thats why the uncomfortable silence..?
Old 04-08-22, 19:41
AFF Guru

peter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to behold
Smile

I've never shown much interest in women's football but when I heard that the England team had defeated Norway ladies 8-0, I suddenly began to pay attention. I eagerly awaited every subsequent Lionesses match and I agree with Ian Wright when he said that he has never enjoyed an International football tournament more in his entire life.

It was not just the fact that they won the trophy, it was the positive way they played the game. Their enthusiasm and passion was very special and got the entire English nation behind them. Did you ever hear such an enthusiastic set of supporters singing their hearts out.
I heard no moronic chanting, ( which has long been a feature of the mens' game,) and not a single swear word was heard anywhere. What a treat for families to take their young children to see quality football being played without any foul language being uttered.

They have laid down the gauntlet for the Football League to ensure that the mens' game can be as all-encompassing and joyous as this tournament clearly was. The professional clubs also have a part to play in this revolution as well!!
Old 28-09-22, 00:13
AFF Guru

peter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to beholdpeter92305 is a splendid one to behold
Question

It's as well that the England Lionesses continue with their good run of success because with the World Cup starting in less than 2 months time in Qatar, the prospects for the England mens' team look dismal. I said when the draw was made 10 years ago or whenever, that it was a bad mistake to play the games in Qatar, not only because of the heat, but also their atrocious human rights record. Few of us expect them to win although the last I saw, the bookies made them 2nd favourites at 11/2. That's nonsensical! I wouldn't even risk a couple of quid on them at 100/1 against! If they rise to the occasion and prove me wrong, I shall gladly eat my words.
With the IMF and the Bank of England expressing the view that Liz Truss and her Chancellor's recent Policy statement being catastrophic, we badly need some sporting success to lift our spirits. let's throw all our weight behind the England Lionesses in their Word Cup Tournament in 10 months time!
Old 12-12-22, 17:17
AFF Buddy

rocco is on a distinguished road
Default WOW!!!

Peter92305

You actually posted this in September,......and how true your words became! I'm not really a footy fan personally, but yes and wholeheartedly I agree the womens football has such a long way. So they've certainly earned my respect!

Well spoken!
Old 16-12-22, 18:18
AFF Guru

In fact, they played better than I thought they would considering the circumstances.

There were some strange substitution decisions in the 2nd half by Gareth: Why did he take Bukayo Saka off at half time when I thought he played well. Why did he put Mason Mount on when he wasn't playing well. We know that the French defenders are uncomfortable with wingers who run at them with the ball at pace. Both Rashford and Grealish are especially strong in that department, but by the time he brought Rashford on, he had no time to shine. Worse still, Grealish wasn't used at all.

I have no preferences between Argentina and France. I just hope it's an entertaining game which it should be. I can't imagine either team playing drab defensive football.

Finally, I hope that Gareth decides to stay on as England manager. He has built a strong young team who should grow with experience.
Old 07-04-23, 12:03
AFF Guru

Wink English Lionesses beat Brazil in penalty shootout

Last nights match between the Euros champions against the champions of South America was a thoroughly entertaining game to watch. The English ladies dominated the first half and lead 1-0 at halftime. Brazil regrouped in the 2nd half and exposed weaknesses in the Lionesses defence although many last ditch tackles and good goal keeping kept them at bay until the 93rd minute when Brazil equalised.

There was no extra time played and the match went straight to penalties which saw the Lionesses win.
The ladies World Cup ( to be played in Australia and New Zealand ) starts in July and the English Lionesses are aware that they must tighten up their defences if they hope to win the tournament. England are in group D along with Haiti, Denmark and China and our first game is against Haiti on July 22nd. USA are favourites to win the Cup and we are 2nd favourites. The Lionesses have now gone 30 games unbeaten since Sarina Wiegman became manager.
Old 05-08-23, 12:22
AFF Guru

Smile The English Lionesses Push On

So far,~~so good for the Lionesses. Thought they were fortunate to come away with 6 points after the first 2 matches.
They were not especially impressive in either of them. They were, however, invincible against China crushing them out of sight.
I bet the people of Taiwan were as ecstatic as the English supporters.

Don't know much about Nigeria, We play them on Monday in the last 16 round. We have seen some great African players in the English mens leagues over the years and the Nigerian ladies are apparently previous African Nations winners so we mustn't be complacent.
Let's hope that the shackles will come off now that we are in the knockout stages. I remain more confident about the lionesses prospects of World Cup victory than I was the mens' chances in Dubai last World Cup. I wish the matches weren't on in the mornings, however, which is why i've not been following them more closely!
SWEET CAROLINE,---- BOOM-BOOM-BOOM!
Old 17-08-23, 08:48
AFF Guru

Thumbs up Come On England!

Only one last hurdle remaining. Spain vs England to be covered live on both BBC and ITV on Sunday, build-up starts 10 am ( 10.15 on ITV) with kick-off at 11 am.

I thought we were lucky to beat Nigeria but we beat Colombia in the quarters by matching their aggressive play. They seem to be capable of adjusting their game to whatever they need to beat their opponents . Let's hope they can do it one more time. They have the most experienced squad of players which enables them to bring on class players from the subs bench to help do what is required to win.

They play Scotland on 22Sept in the UEFA Women's Nations League, ( a bit of a downer perhaps after recent euphoria.) In any event, they deserve our support. It looks as though Scotland will still be part of the U.K. when this match is played, ( and hopefully will remain so forever after. ---- I would hate to think of Andy Murray as a foreigner __!!

Old 20-08-23, 17:41
AFF Guru

Unhappy

So it wasn't to be. Spain beat us at the tactical game, ~~~~ they put the Lionesses under great pressure when they had the ball by harassing the player in possession and closing down all the spaces with the result that passes were hurried and often intercepted.We gave as good as we got against Columbia but it didn't work against this Spanish team.

I don't begrudge Spain thier win because they did play better than us. The only thing that did upset me was their time-wasting tactics near the end when they continually went to ground trying to dupe the referee into giving them a free kick for a foul. They should have been red-carded for cheating. Had they been reduced to about 7 out-field players, i'm sure we could have beaten them.

Never mind! ~~~~ Onwards and upwards. They have done for women's football what Billie Jean King did for lawn tennis, ( although I can't imagine them getting equal pay. ) They have transformed the concept of women's professional football and should attract considerable sponsorship money for the future. Furthermore, The FA seem determined to keep Sarina Weigman when her contract ends in 2025 which is the best news possible.
Old 06-04-24, 13:39
AFF Guru

Cool

A less than convincing performance by the Lionesses (current EURO champions) against Sweden last night. Score 1-1 draw. I watched the match on ITVx both to support the Lionesses and to assess whether Sweden had the ability to go on to win the trophy. The answer is they most certainly do.
One thing I hadn't appreciated is that you can finish bottom of the league stage and still go on to win the tournament. The third and fourth teams play each other in a knockout match to see who of them goes through to the next round.
England play Ireland on Tuesday night, ( again live on ITVx ) and that is a must win game as it will increase our chances of avoiding a top team in the knockouts. We are in the hardest group, ( England, France, Sweden and Irish Republic. ) France scrambled a 1-0 win against Ireland last night and are currently top of the group. The atmosphere at Wembley last night was a little muted,( No Sweet Caroline, BOOM ,BOOM BOOM ) which perhaps reflected the apprehension that the home supporters had for the prospects of England retaining their title. I would still back them to at least reach the final, however.

Last edited by peter92305; 06-04-24 at 16:08.