All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > Sport! > General Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 23-08-18, 15:07
peter92305

Post Thierry Henry-managerial debut at Bordeaux

So Thierry Henry is to take on the difficult task of replacing Gus Poyet following his controversial departure from the Bordeaux club,--hardly an easy first step in management.
I had always hoped that Arsene Wenger would have spent the last few years at the club grooming Henry as his eventual successor, but sadly he didn't see it as a priority.

Wenger took much criticism in recent years for his inability to match the teams performances of the ' Invincibles ' as they were known between the mid 90's and early naughties. I always felt this was largely a consequence of losing both Henry and Dennis Bergkamp to retirement about the same time. They were both irreplaceable----- i consider Bergkamp the greatest magician i ever saw on a playing field.
If Henry succeeds in management, i still hope that one day he will return to manage the club he so loved, and with whom he had such a strong affinity.

For the younger fans who never saw Bergkamp play, watch this u-tube exhibition of his skills and marvel at his ability as we all did in those heady days of Arsenal supremacy, ( and i say that begrudgingly as a West Ham United supporter! ) :::: ----

https://youtu.be/1TdfbpvnbUA
Old 23-08-18, 18:58
Gusset Licker
Site Admin

megaton is a splendid one to beholdmegaton is a splendid one to beholdmegaton is a splendid one to beholdmegaton is a splendid one to beholdmegaton is a splendid one to beholdmegaton is a splendid one to behold

He cant do a worse job than David Moyes and Phil Neville

Old 23-08-18, 23:39
peter92305

It's not for me to say, but i never understood the logic of selling Olivier Giroud to Chelsea. Time and again, i saw him coming on as a sub late on in the game and scoring important goals for the club. He signed for Arsenal in 2012 as a 26 year old and from what i saw of him, he was a powerful striking force.

I would have been tempted to have made him a focal point of the team in later years and build a new team around his talents.
Having said that, it is just the view of an outsider. It may be that Arsenal fans will know of a reason why that was not possible or even desirable.

I suspect that John may have some thoughts of this entire sequence of events if he ever finds time to read this when he returns from holiday.