All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > Sport! > General Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Old 17-02-13, 22:25
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road
Default Losing to Blackburn in the FA Cup

This is a joke. Wenger's got it so wrong. His attitude to team selection suggests he thinks Arsenal can actually beat Bayern Munich. If we don't (and I think it is very likely that we won't beat Bayern Munich. I realise Chelsea did last season, but they were exceptionally lucky), then he should resign. His judgement had already started to go with signings (the likes of Andre Santos, Mannone, Squillaci illustrate this) and now it's gone with team selection. The problem is, I don't think Wenger will resign and I don't think the board will sack him. This points towards a downward spiral until his contract runs out. By then, Arsenal could be a mid-table side. Why can't they just sack him at the end of the season and be done with it!

Still, on the plus side, the Gills are back to the top of League Two. Maybe Arsene Wenger would be tempted by the challenge of managing Gillingham and could leave Arsenal for the Gills?!
Old 18-02-13, 09:49
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

I've just heard on the radio that he's going to be offered a 2 year extension to his current deal. Also, on Sunday Supplememnt yesterday they made some good points. They reitered Murinho's statement that no other manager coul remain in their job at a club of arsenal's size and history having not won a trophy for 7 years.

They also mentioned that Arsenal (as we know) charge the highest ticket prices in the game and that Wenger is a £7.5 million a year deal. It seems most of those at the club are doing very well out of things apart from the fans who pay through the nose to watch a bunch of losers.

Disgruntled is an understatement.

Yes indeed, Gills are back on top... now all in time with me please...start chanting..."We are top of the League...We are top of the league.."
Old 18-02-13, 22:25
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road

Hi John. Seriously? A two-year deal? That's terrible! Although, given how the Arsenal board behave, not surprising. As long as they keep making a profit, they don't seem to care. Wenger'd have to get Arsenal relegated to make them act. Maybe Arsenal fans should form a new club...AFC Arsenal?!?!

Do the Gills play good football? Somehow, I'd imagine Martin Allen would play route 1 football....
Old 19-02-13, 10:08
Administrator
Site Admin

John has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud ofJohn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundngag View Post
Do the Gills play good football? Somehow, I'd imagine Martin Allen would play route 1 football....
Surpisingly, they do play some cracking football at times but it's the same with most L2 teams I suspect. You get a lot of rubbish as well.

Martin Allen is an ok coach imo, but I think he's too defensive minded and at time, slow to react to changes needed