All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish

Go Back   All Fetish Forums - The community for soft fetish > Sport! > General Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-14, 20:12
AFF Guru

boundngag is on a distinguished road
Default Arsenal's Season

How could a season that started so promisingly finish in the same way as every season under Wenger these days? It's difficult to know what the actual explanation is. On the one hand, we finished on 79 points, only 7 points behind Man City. Some people have said that it could have been different if we hadn't had the injuries, it would have been different. Maybe it would have, the injuries to Ramsey and Walcott, who rather surprisingly are now two of our best players, were key. Also, Ozil's loss of form was a blow. What if he'd have played at the same level for the whole season?

On the other hands, the games against the top teams were terrible. Absolutely terrible. Can you imagine the team Wenger inherited capitulating in that manner? As regularly as well? There were games in previous seasons as well; Wigan and Newcastle spring to mind. What other so called top team would capitulate as often and as easily? I'm convinced that must come from the manager. I definitely don't think comments like 'Finishing fourth is like winning a trophy' help.

With the reducing quality of the premier league, it is easy to think that a few key signings could lead to Arsenal to challenging for the title for the whole season. But on the other hand, with Wenger in charge, will Arsenal continue to capitulate in the big games regardless? Maybe 7 points off the Premier League winners is the best Arsenal can hope for in the Premier League under Wenger?

I certainly hope we don't capitulate in the FA Cup final against Hull on Saturday. The irritating thing is that I would not be surprised if we did capitulate. If we do capitulate, all Wenger's comments that he will sign a new contract at the end of the season, insinuating that Arsenal fans should be grateful for this, would look rather stupid. I wonder when commentators state that Arsenal fans will be relieved when he signs a new contract, which Arsenal fans they mean? They definitely don't mean me!!!